1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre Speaker wooes

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sayedg, Dec 5, 2000.

1. sayedg

sayedg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Yamaha DSP-A1 with B&W CC6 centre speaker. After one year of perfect operations, the speaker started to short the amp during high energy sequences. At first I thought it was the amp. The dealership confirmed it was the speaker and recommended to connect a higher rating speaker. I swaped the centre speaker with a loaner from the shop and the problm dissapered. I thought I already had a high rating speaker connected but apparently not enough. Did any one face a similar problem? Any reccomendations?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    No problems here with my A1 and MA CC700 speaker (6 Ohm) in the last 2 years.
    I could only assume that your cabling actually caused the problem, some tiny wires touching each other, so when you changed the center you rewired and the problem "magically" disappeared.
    Have you tried the old center again after that?
    Or perhaps flipped the speaker impedance switch on the back of the A1 by accident?

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also use a CC6 with a DSP-A1. Admittedly, I never watch at more than half volume, but I've never had a problem such as yours.

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com