Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Centre Speaker Volume

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Richard Moore, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Richard Moore

Richard Moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't bought any serious AV equipment for a few years so am having to learn stuff now as I go along.

I had a demo of the Yamaha 640RDS today. There appears to be no way of adjusting the volume of the front centre channel. Is this true / normal ?

It looks like it will probably end up being a shoot out between the 740RDS , the 640ES and a Pioneer 912. It's proving a little difficult to decide. If there was a 740 without reciever then that would probably swing it. I'm wondering if the 740 is just overkill for my living room cf the 640. The former I can get for about 430 and the latter for 285 from RS.

Any thoughts are welcome

2. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    you can change all the speaker levels on the 630rds, so i dont see why the 640 would be different:confused:

3. Richard Moore

Richard Moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TBH I think the guy doing the demo didn't really know what he was doing. Either that or he was completely unfamiliar with the kit. Seeing as I was demoing the amp as well as the centre I don't see why I had to point out that the surrounds and sub weren't switched on as well.

I'd like to support my local shop but I can do better myself.

4. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought an AX640SE (£280 from Mr Richer and his 'bonkers' prices!) I'm struggling to get the hang of the volume controls because the front channels go through my stereo amp.

I think that you change the speaker distance in order to adjust the volume...

5. Greyhound

Greyhound
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can change the volume of each channel through the remote control to balance the sound coming from the amp.