1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre Speaker Volume

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Richard Moore, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Richard Moore

Richard Moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't bought any serious AV equipment for a few years so am having to learn stuff now as I go along.

I had a demo of the Yamaha 640RDS today. There appears to be no way of adjusting the volume of the front centre channel. Is this true / normal ?

It looks like it will probably end up being a shoot out between the 740RDS , the 640ES and a Pioneer 912. It's proving a little difficult to decide. If there was a 740 without reciever then that would probably swing it. I'm wondering if the 740 is just overkill for my living room cf the 640. The former I can get for about 430 and the latter for 285 from RS.

Any thoughts are welcome

2. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    you can change all the speaker levels on the 630rds, so i dont see why the 640 would be different:confused:

3. Richard Moore

Richard Moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TBH I think the guy doing the demo didn't really know what he was doing. Either that or he was completely unfamiliar with the kit. Seeing as I was demoing the amp as well as the centre I don't see why I had to point out that the surrounds and sub weren't switched on as well.

I'd like to support my local shop but I can do better myself.

4. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought an AX640SE (£280 from Mr Richer and his 'bonkers' prices!) I'm struggling to get the hang of the volume controls because the front channels go through my stereo amp.

I think that you change the speaker distance in order to adjust the volume...

5. Greyhound

Greyhound
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can change the volume of each channel through the remote control to balance the sound coming from the amp.