Centre speaker to match my current setup

dieni

Standard Member
Hello, need some advice to replace my current centre speaker which is a Jamo Centre 18. Reason for changing is that voices sound muffled and not clear at all, like they are missing treble..

My current setup for my tv room is as follows.

Mordaunt Short Ms30i fronts
Mordaunt Short Ms10i rears
Jamo Centre 18
Yamaha YST-SW320 Subwoofer
Powered by a Pioneer Vsx-923 Avr

I used to listen to a lot of music on the Ms30i and added the Ms10i and Jamo to get 5.1. Nowadays I mainly use the system to watch Netflix 4k and blurays.

Found a Q Acoustics 2000ci centre for around 80£, do you think that it will be a good match for my MS speakers?

Thanks in advance for your help

grims dale

Mordaunt shorts have metal dome tweeters so will have a different tonal sound from q acoustics silk dome tweeters I would look for another ms centre or if not get the 2000ci and look for a pair of q acoustics any model should be a reasonable tonal match to the 2000ci ci

Last edited:

dieni

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. Ms30i were produced some 30 years ago if I'm not mistaken which means they didn't make centre speakers yet. Will a newer speaker match?

grims dale

Any chance you could a single speaker as I have done as the centre if so you could probably find a similar pair of ms speakers and just use one as a centre

Attachments

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom