1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre speaker to go with JPW mini monitors?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by castle, Aug 20, 2002.

1. castle

castle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been using five JPW mini monitors (centre shielded) for several years as my 5.0 surround system and as I've just moved I'd like to get a dedicated centre speaker.

I've read on the forum that it is best to have a front sound stage comprised of matching speakers, ideally the same manufacturer or something to do with same volume in litres of displaced air!?

As I've been unable to locate any JPW centre speakers I'd like a recomendation as to which make/model would match my system (or at least not ruin it).

Ideally I'd like a silver speaker as it has to sit above my silver TV, but it doesn't really matter.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It is best to use three identical speakers across the front for the most accurate voice matching and you appear to be doing this at the moment.

JPW are sold mainly by Richer Sounds and are made by the same factory that make quite a number of other speakers including Gale (another RS brand). I don't know whether Gale speakers use different drivers etc to JPW but they certainly look the same.

I had JPW mini monitors as rears a few years ago and they weren't bad for the money.

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Heybrook are made at the same plant, too, I believe. I don't think that the different speaker brands use the same drivers, but it is worth checking I suppose.

Russell