1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre Speaker Suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hutchingsp, Dec 30, 2002.

1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for a centre speaker to match a front pair of B&W 601 S2's - something from B&W would seem a logical choice, I'd also be interested in any suggestions.

I'm currently using a £20 Gale from Richer Sounds, fine as a tide-over but it does seem a little "swamped" by the front B&Ws.

It's a bedroom setup so volume isn't a major issue, amp is a Sony STR-DB830.

TIA,
    Paul

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I think you have already answered your own question. Either the B&W LCR60 or 600

3. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Hi Paul,

I'll second what petrolhead said, check out the LCR60 (£200), thats what I'm using with a pair of 602.5's, which are more or less a 601 floorstander. The lcr60 has similar drivers to your 601's, so should be a good match, you could try the lcr600 (£350) as the centre does a lot of work, but you might find it a bit much for your other speakers, and £150 buys quite a few discs.

Hope this helps,

Ian.

4. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I'd suggest trying to find a 2nd hand B&W CC6, which was the matching centre for the 601S2's - the LCR60S3 is a fine speaker though.