1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre speaker stand

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Dangerous, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently upgraded my centre speaker from a Kef 100c to a 200c. My 100c sat on a centre stand that I made myself by placing a platform made of chipboard edged with architrave and sprayed matt black and fixed on top of an Atacama se24 stand. I made this centre stand, as I was unable to find a manufacturer that produces a dedicated centre stand. Before I increase the size of the stand to accommodate the much larger 200c can anyone tell me how they constructed their stand or give me the name of a manufacturer that supplies dedicated centre stands.

Dave

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    I used two false floor support stands cut to length, then drilled and tapped them so that I could make small height adjustments and tighten a screw to keep them at that height.

I lathed down some bolts to make spikes for feet, then cut some chipboard to the same size as the center speaker.

Finaly I screwed the board to the legs, adjusted for height and angle, and sat back and listened.

Pics on my web site.

Gary.

3. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting site Gary, you have obviously put a great deal of effort into converting your loft space, it looks great. Thanks for the info on how you constructed your centre speaker stand.

Dave

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    You're welcome Dave.

Gary.