1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre speaker recommendations

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by electrify_dizz, Jul 15, 2003.

1. electrify_dizz

electrify_dizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

At the moment I am slowly investing in a budget home cinema set up. I have a Marantz SR-4300, Eltax liberty 5+ front speakers, and Eltax Symphony 2.3 for rears. I am now looking to get a centre.

I have about £70 which I am looking to invest in a centre speaker. I was looking for a Liberty Centre, but it seems all the stores near enough to travel to dont stock them anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look into buying?

2. Mr cat

Mr cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you not buy them from richersounds.co.uk..?
    or get in touch with eltax.com

hope this helps.

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    You really should buy a centre that has the same voicing as your front left and right. This is usually done by purchasing the same make in your case Eltax. If you go for a different make it may sound distinctly different to your existing set up and become noticable. You generally want the front sound stage speakers to sound similar so an Eltax speaker would be the best choice to integrate in to your set up.
    If you go for a more expensive/quality make it will probably highlight the limits of your remaining budget speakers.
    This leads to upgradeitis as was the case with me.