Centre speaker problems!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by suneil kumar, Jan 30, 2009.

1. suneil kumar

suneil kumar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I’m thinking of buying the B&W 685 HC setup or the acoustic energy neo 5.1 setup.
    The problem I have is that the centre speaker, for the above is too deep in my opinion to stick on a shelf, taking in consideration the speaker wire terminals, and it’ll look rather odd and unappealing to the eye.
    I’m planning to wall mount my plasma TV, and place my centre speaker on a shelf underneath the TV, or ideally wall mounting the centre speaker would be the best option. But this is a grave no no with the above as there too boxy in nature.
    My question is, can I buy a slim line centre speaker from another manufacturer for the above setups or do I have to keep the centre speaker as the same as the fronts, ie B&W HTM61 or the AE Neo centre?

I’d be very grateful if you peeps could help me out.:lease:

Suneil.:)

2. suneil kumar

suneil kumar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. deckingman

deckingman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    The first thing you should try is to set the receiver to NO centre speaker and see if you actually need one. I know it may sound odd but try it. It works for some.
    Secondly, you mention the HTM61. IMO the HTM62 would be a better tonal match for the 685s and is smaller. Lastly you could look at the B&W FPM series (or rather listen to).