Centre speaker positions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by fatty, Jan 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. fatty

fatty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask, but here goes. Those of you who have a wall mounted LCD/plasma TV and 5.1 sound from your DVD/home cinema system, what do you do about the centre speaker of the 5.1? I caouldn't think what to do to use it, so I've ditched it, using the TV speakers in mono to act as a centre speaker for the 5.1. I was just wondering what solutions others had come up with. Cheers.

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    In any 5.1 system the centre speaker is the key speaker as most vocals come out of it, simply dumping it is a very poor move.
    But as you have not stated what speakers you have it will be hard for anyone to give advice.

3. fatty

fatty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't keen on dumping it, but have to think about the aesthetics of the room (according to my wife), so putting a shelf on the wall underneath the telly has been outlawed. The TV is Samsung 32" LCD (with the point at the bottom i.e. not a simple rectangular shape) and the speakers are part of my (loathsome - but that's a different story) Sony DAVS888. Has anyone tried digging a hole into the wall and recessing the speaker?