centre speaker placement with tv above

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by devag, Apr 7, 2017.

1. devag

devag
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi

ive currently got my centre speaker above my 55 inch TV but i think its a bit to high so want to move the centre speaker below my TV instead. centre speaker on TV unit then move TV unit to the wall with a bracket. I was ideally wanting some gap between the centre speaker and the tv above, but this is going to result in hiding alot of cables in the wall. Is there an issue having the centre speaker directly below the TV with no gap? magnetic interference etc? if not this means I could hide the cables going down from the tv and then straight behind the centre speaker on the TV unit

thanks

2. Mallardo

Mallardo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +456
    Hi
    As long as your speaker is magnetically shielded there will be no issues with having it right next to the TV. I can't imagine why a center speaker would not be shielded but you could check the manual or google it if you want to be 100% sure.

3. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,432
    I assume your TV is not an old CRT in which case there is issue with have the speaker so close, magnetically shielded or not. The magnetic issue was only with CRT TVs. The only issue is no speaker will sound its best on an av cabinet. Pulling it forward can help and so can the use of an isolation pad. A better option would be to wall mount under TV. You can use something like d line trunking to hide cables on the wall. This can be painted to the same colour as the wall too.

4. devag

devag
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    are you able to recommend an upfiring isolation pad? thanks