Centre speaker placement issues

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by devag, Apr 9, 2017.

1. devag

devag
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I currently have my centre speaker above my TV, which as you can see in the attached photo when placed above the TV, it is not aligned with the front left and right tweeters.

I ideally want the centre below the TV as shown in the image, but for this to happen I need to up the TV a bit. I was thinking about putting the TV on the wall with a bracket, but that is kind of defeating the purpose of having my TV unit and the viewing position of the TV from the listener would be slightly to high.

ive been looking around on google etc to try and find something that would make it possible to keep my TV on the unit, with some sort of riser (which doesnt look ridiculous). Does anyone have any ideas or any other different solutions that may work?

thanks

20170409_003816_resized.jpg

2. raoulx

raoulx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    For me the to unit is to put things in or on. I'd put the telly on the wall as suggested it doesn't have to be high, maybe a couple inches above the centre.

There is options though where you can rise the tv up, I'm pretty sure @gibbsy (I think that's something like his username here) has something like that if I recall correctly? Basically a matching wooden piece to his unit which is a 3 sided box which goes over the centre speaker with enough space for the TVs stand to go on.

I sort of had the same issue but rather than buying a new av cabinet I fit things behind the wall buying an av blaster so it could be the tv and speakers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. barry7767

barry7767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +416
    You can get replacement universal stands, some of which have height adjustment. Depends on your TV mounting points etc, but something like this may give enough clearance?
    Stealth Mounts SM-17 TV Stands

4. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,905
    Yes. Had it from HiFi Racks. Very good colour match for my oak cabinet.
    002 KEF.jpg

5. devag

devag
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah nice alternative. cheers guys