Centre speaker on top of a Plasma

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
I'd be amazed if they do. They'd be way too heavy to risk on the edge of your screen

There's a company that does a really clever wall mount which gets buried in the wall & just provides a glass shelf with no visible support. Really nice.

Calzor Suzay

Not got the TV yet, hopefully monday but I might just rig up a shelf between the wall and top of TV then just remember if I move the tv to sort the shelf out first :)

ted26

I have no place for a centre so bought an amp that directs it through left and right when it needs which i was sceptical about but works a treat 4.1 :)

badbob

Banned
I have no place for a centre so bought an amp that directs it through left and right when it needs which i was sceptical about but works a treat 4.1 :)

All amps do that, you just set centre to "off":rotfl:
A HT with a quality centre is better than one without.
One drawback of new flatscreens is no place to put it..unlike the big old Toshiba CRT RP's with a good 1.5" depth on the top.

I mean 1.5'

Calzor Suzay

The speaker is a B&W CC6 S2 so a fair old size. In the end I used two metal cavity wall fixings, an old AV stand board as a shelf between wall and top of TV and rested it on that with some block fixings to stop it sliding forward.

Hopefully it'll still be there tomorrow ;) Cost £0 :)

RayP

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
Great speaker that, I used to have one. It actually bent the top of my 32" Sony CRT over time so it's a good job you didn't try to balance the thing on a plasma :D

RayP

Right-angled brackets have a multitude of uses.:smashin:

madfiddler

just a thought

if not wall mounted, coudl teh wall mount fitting be used to create a diy shelf? thiking of "T" shaped shelf of some description with the bottom of the "T" bolted to the wall mount...would it take the weight? what about heat from the set? maybe this is just a stupid thought!?!?!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom