Centre speaker matching KEF R500's

whitehart

Received the speaker and created another problem, as fantastic as it is Im getting a big reflection from the TV onto the piano black as the speaker fits underneath the TV but is also quite far out ! ive bought a silicon mat (black ) to try and cover the top to stop it reflecting! im still wondering if i should buy a little riser that fits the centre speaker or stand the TV on the centre speaker (not sure if i like that idea)

whitehart

I wonder if i could get a custom made black shelf that the centre speaker could fit in and the TV could sit on top of my AV cabinet has black smoked glass so it would need to be anti slip - either that or just get used to the centre speaker being quiet a lot more forward than the TV and have anti reflective mat on top of the centre speaker - unless anyone else has any better ideas? thanks

DaveWillo

I wonder if i could get a custom made black shelf that the centre speaker could fit in and the TV could sit on top of my AV cabinet has black smoked glass so it would need to be anti slip - either that or just get used to the centre speaker being quiet a lot more forward than the TV and have anti reflective mat on top of the centre speaker - unless anyone else has any better ideas? thanks
I think the shelf idea sounds like a winner.

whitehart

No don't do that. The centre will be reach it's potential. You will really need the R200C, but these are pretty rare. The new R2C would be a better fit timbre wise. Below is a photograph of the exact problem you are now facing and how I solved it. My wife's face was a treat. Better to ask forgiveness than permission although it did cost me a new aquarium.
View attachment 1468896
I just got a quote for simliar to yours but in black - £550 !!!

whitehart

Any pictures to show? Maybe some members would get some better ideas for you.

thanks, after a lot of trying different ideas - it was the reflection from the piano black from the TV making it look terrible, in the end i bought some black silicon from amazon - cut it to the shape of the centre speaker top and now it looks great - even my wife likes it so its past the test

Howard0000

Buy a different TV stand that lets you mount the panel high enough to fit the centre under it. That's what I did in our old house, in order to fit my R200C under it.

whitehart

Buy a different TV stand that lets you mount the panel high enough to fit the centre under it. That's what I did in our old house, in order to fit my R200C under it.

Its what i did but as its piano black the reflection from the TV onto it was like a mirror, the silicon matt has fixed this and looks good

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom