• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Centre speaker location

Inside or outside

• Inside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outside

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

mcmental

Established Member
Quick question folks, I have recently purchased some Dali zensor 3 speakers and a Dali vokul to run with my Yamaha rxv779 as you can see in the picture the zensors are on stands at side of the cabinet, should I use the centre speaker inside cabinet or on top is my question? This is all running with my projector and screen.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 61

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Given your fronts are so close together I would have not bothered with a centre at all since there is going to be no separation of sound. You have effectively made a soundbar.
Of the 2 options on top is the best but neither is ideal since a speaker is not going to sound its best either inside or on top of a cabinet. On top can be made better by using a foam isolation pad to place the speaker on and bringing it forward so it is proud of the front of the unit. Ideally the centre should be on its own stand or wall mounted using a proper speaker bracket (not a shelf).
I would also look to move the front L/R speakers out much wider than they are to give a decent front soundfield.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom