Centre Speaker Help needed!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by garry_brock, Oct 16, 2001.

1. garry_brock

garry_brock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice please regarding centre-speakers.

I currently have a 2-ch setup comprising of Mission 734i floorstanding speakers. I have just bought the Marantz SR5200 receiver, and at the end of this month, I will be looking to add a centre and rear-surrounds.

I'm looking towards the Mission 77ds or m7ds rears, had a dem last weekend of m7ds and they sounded really good. Is there much difference between these two (apart from approx £20!)

Which leaves me with the centre. now I know that you should get as good a centre as you can afford, ive been told this by lots of sources. But I was thinking of the Mission m7c centre over the 77c1, its £100 cheaper for one, and to me it looks better (after all, it has got to sit on top of the TV!)

So i'm after some feedback please on whether the m7c is any good, or should I go for the 77c1 (or any other brand/models come to that). Really dont want to spend much more than £150

Thanks in anticipation of any advice......

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The "golden rule" says to match the center with the fronts to achieve a tonal match, hence it should be of the same make and series. If there are several models on offer take the best you can afford because the center is indeed important, perhaps the most important speaker in a surround sound setup.

If there is no model available try to stick to the same brand at least as they most likely offer the clostest match, anything else would be trial and error.