Centre speaker for PMC FB1+? (XTZ maybe?)

CallMeSteve

Ex Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a centre speaker to match a pair of PMC FB1+'s. Ideally I'd like to get a TB2M-C+ or even a CB6 but are there any other manufacturers/speakers that would be a good tonal match?

I'm quite interested in the XTZ range and was thinking of getting a 99.25 centre speaker or replacing the front three with 99.36 and a 99.25 centre.

Any advice appreciated :thumbsup:

Regardless as whether one prefers the XTZ sound over the PMC sound, the fact is they do both sound quite different. Okay a stand mounted horizontal centre speaker isn't going to sound the same as it's direct floorstanding relative, but it stands a better chance than another manufacturer.

TB2M-Cs are also dirt cheap at the moment. I sold my black one for £115 so it wouldn't be an expensive mistake. The same can't be said of the CB6 which is unlikely ever to be really cheap. Either way, I'd stick with PMC.

Russell

Regardless as whether one prefers the XTZ sound over the PMC sound, the fact is they do both sound quite different. Okay a stand mounted horizontal centre speaker isn't going to sound the same as it's direct floorstanding relative, but it stands a better chance than another manufacturer.

TB2M-Cs are also dirt cheap at the moment. I sold my black one for £115 so it wouldn't be an expensive mistake. The same can't be said of the CB6 which is unlikely ever to be really cheap. Either way, I'd stick with PMC.

Russell

Thanks Russell, I'm gutted I missed out on your one as it was a bit of a bargain! I'm having a hard time finding a TB2M-C+ as this would be my first choice.

I'm tempted to give the XTZ's a try (fornt three replacement) but not sure how they'd stack up against the PMC's. Ive read your review and comparison but was there any single factor that made you decide to go with the XTZ's over your PMC's? Or was it a combination of things?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom