1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre Speaker Advice?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cheesyhammyeggy, Sep 27, 2003.

1. cheesyhammyeggy

cheesyhammyeggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my home cinema and music setup utilising Mission 78s for front and rears and a Mission 77c but I want to buy a plasma screen that would be over a fireplace and my current centre would be too big to be used. The plasma is going to cost plenty and I will not be able to afford to change all the speakers so can anyone suggest a centre that would be reasonably flat or small that would still integrate with the missions. Obviously I am going to lose quality but I would rather have a centre of some description than none and the plasma is going to hopefully make up for it in the space I will save etc. Any suggestions please?

2. wookie

wookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. graham r j

graham r j

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    just a small word of caution about the positioning of your plasma telly, if the fire is ever to be used you will find the lifespan of the plasma will be reduced. As you may know they do produce a lot of their own heat, and any excess heat (whether or not the fire and plasma are both being used at the same time) will lead to an expensive, pretty looking piece of useless wall furniture in a short space of time.
    If the fireplace is going to be purely decorative then please disregard my warning.
    With regard to what centre speaker to use, how's about a Mission M7C1 i, they're 13cm high by 51cm wide by 14cm deep. It should be a great match for the existing speakers (that us if it will fit??).
    Best 'o luck

TTFN

4. cheesyhammyeggy

cheesyhammyeggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help, the fireplace has a stone lintel and no heat comes over the front of it so it should be ok. I will now check out the options and keep sweet talking the one who wears the trousers.