• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Centre Speaker Advice Please...

Snapman

Established Member
I wonder whether any of you can enthusiastically recommend a good centre speaker to complement the pair of Tannoy Eyris DC3 floorstanders I already have?

Even if they are still available, I don't want an Eyris, as the tweeter is in a raised compartment on the top (side) of the unit which is not only aesthetically displeasing but would make the unit more difficult to build into a stand immediately below my TV. I haven't completely discounted a Tannoy Revolution DC6 LCR, although I do have reservations about the rounded sides which would complicate mounting it horizontally.

My thinking is that, given a DC6 LCR would likely cost the best part of £600, there must surely be other units within a similar or lower price bracket worth considering. I have a wide taste in music ranging from pop / rock / jazz through to classical and opera.

Thank you for any suggestions.

David

Last edited:

wizbongre

Established Member
Just for info in case you didn't realise, both the DC4 and DC6 LCR come with a small stand which they sit on to stop them rolling back and forth so they can be placed on any flat surface.

HTH.

Snapman

Established Member
Just for info in case you didn't realise, both the DC4 and DC6 LCR come with a small stand which they sit on to stop them rolling back and forth so they can be placed on any flat surface.

HTH.

Thank you and, no, I hadn't realised that, although I am a DIY'er and had considered the possibility of making a stand myself.

David

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom