Centre Media Hub to various TV's questions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Daveybryce, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Daveybryce

Daveybryce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    Hello all

Here is the jist. I have a HTPC in my main room which covers all my media requirements including TV and HD content. I would like to be able to hook up the TV in the bedroom so that this content can be accessed also but without another PC. And if this is possible how can i control the Hub PC from the bedroom.

I remember a chappy on here did it using CAT5e and Bulan(i think) but can't find the post again (grrrrrr)

so could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction in terms of equipment that would be required to achieve this.

Many Thanks

Dave

2. AciidSn3ak3r

AciidSn3ak3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    It would be handy to know what distance you would like to cover, do you have access to any areas where you can drop wires from. I believe the Baluns are quite expensive, so how much you thinking of spending?

3. Daveybryce

Daveybryce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    I would probably say 15 metres max would be the distance to the loft, and I would prefer to put the centre hub in the loft and drop the cables from there to the desired points via a router. I'm prepared to spend money in order to acheive a good picture and add practicality if that makes sense. Also possibly looking to add automatic lighting in the future too along with touchscreen in kitchen and a monitor in the Bathroom.

Thanks again

4. Daveybryce

Daveybryce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +609
    Ok, after finding the various forum posts, i don't think i need to go to quite so drastic measures as networking. I should think that some VGA splitters and HDMI splitters along with a few IR blasters or RF remotes with usb receivers should do the trick.

Many Thanks