Centre match for kef eggs ?

J

jfw08

Could anyone suggest a centre speaker to replace the kef egg that i am using & not happy with. it would have to match with the rest of the kef KHT2005.2.
Thanks

Kef 2005.2, Mission M5as, Marantz SR5400, Sky+, Toshiba 220E

Ian J

Banned
Try another centre from the KEF range but it would be adviseable to try and get a home demo first to make sure that the tonal match is to your liking.

dbanugo

Banned
I have Kef Q6c with Q4 floorstanders and Kef eggs for surround and i am happy with it. the kef eggs are not the best for LCR setup but excellent for surrounds.

nabby

Distinguished Member
I might be interested in buying your Kef Egg if you deceide to sell it.

Cheers!

Nabby

jrpavel

Standard Member
I certainly found the Q6c a big improvement over a straight Egg with voices. The Eggs ere fine for surrounds.

balders

jrpavel,

I don't suppose you compared the Q6C to a Q9C did you? I'm thinking of buying one of these two to replace a front egg (and then use the egg for rear surround), but am uncertain as to which would be a better match.

Thanks,

Balders.

J

jfw08

Thanks guys, i think i will try the kef Q6c.
PS,where is the best site to buy this from ?

balders

jfw08,

If you do find a good price for a Q6c, I'd be interested in hearing about it as I'm thinking of doing the same myself. I've seen the Q6c for £135 in a local hifi shop, but haven't seen many places advertising them online.

Balders.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom