Centre Channel recommendations?

BigGazza

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have a bit of a dilemma...

I currently have Green Mountain Audio Europa's as my two main front speakers, a REL Strata sub and Kef KHT2000's for the other 3 channels.

Having read a lot about the importance of the centre channel for movies I've been looking at options to replace the Kef centre with something up to around the 400 quid mark, that is also reasonably discrete to look at. Green Mountain Audio centres are a no no, as they are way too big, ugly and expensive, so therefore matching speakers across the front is not possible (I wouldn't give up the Europa's for all the tea in China).

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality centre channel that looks reasonably discrete and costs up to 400 quid?

Thanks in advance!

BigGazza

Standard Member
Actually, forget about the 'discrete' thing - what is the best dedicated centre speaker for that money?

Streetrod

I have a Kef XQ2C, it costs a bit more at £500 but boy does it sound good. A pic is attached

Attachments

• 03164436 (Medium) (5).JPG
    03164436 (Medium) (5).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 170

Baggy

BigGazza said:
Green Mountain Audio centres are a no no, as they are way too big, ugly and expensive, so therefore matching speakers across the front is not possible (I wouldn't give up the Europa's for all the tea in China).

I had a look at the website for Green Mountain.
You're right, that's one ugly looking centre speaker.

Dankeech

BigGazza,
Where did you get the Europa's from by the way, and how much are they too?

Thanks,

Dan.

D

daffy

PMC DB1+ MC? Its small, costs £375 and I think It sounds fantastic (compared to the Mordaunt Short MS005c I had before certainly). Much more clarity, and a surprising amount of bass available for such a discrete cabinet.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom