Centre and Rears for Mission 773e

john_p

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Mission 773e's and want to get the matching center and rear speakers - 77c1 and 77ds

Tracking these down is proving a problem, and although I will keep an eye on the classifieds and ebay - would I be able to use any of the newer Mission speakers (eg. m7c1) with the 773e's? Or would it not be a good idea?

Also, for the centre back channel, should I try to get hold of a second 77c1, or use a 77ds? Or not bother?

john_p, I might be selling my 77C1 in a few weeks as it doesn't tonally match my 775e front L/R speakers as well as I'd like. If I do decide to I'll let you have first 'dabs' so to speak :)

I use 77Ds for my centre rear channel with no probs at all, sounds much better than the pair of M73s i was using, which were way too directional.

The 77Ds come up quite a lot on the classifieds section, perhaps a wanted ad will bring up an unused 77C1, i'm sure i've seen a few go on here before.

I have a cherry 77c1 going begging in addition to Dimmy's if your after 6.1

Ah good point, should have mentioned I'm after a black one. Or I could always get the hammerite out :D

oh yes Mine's Beech, not black... forgot to mention that... infact I think I'll start a thread about my problems with the 77C1.

Matt - IMHO I wouldn't describe it as cherry, as to me Cherry paints a Rose-wood like picture, which is also available...

I'd say it's closer to Beech than Cherry :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom