Centre and front left/right speaker recomendations

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dh1raj, May 4, 2007.

1. dh1raj

dh1raj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm helping to plan an install of a new av setup with in ceiling speakers for the rear..below is a list of products i've earmarked so far...

I need some help with selecting the front left/right speakers and the centre speaker. The speakers will be flush fit into a false wall/cabinet that will be built for the plasma..budget is around 100-150 for each speaker(or cheaper!).

I need something that will be quite small in depth as the cabinet will not be much deeper than the plasma plus bracket, i dont really like the look of the kef in wall speakers for use in the front (bit too square i think), is it recommended to stick to one manufacterer for the speakers?

Please could somebody help by giving recomendations??

Also any comments/other recomendations with regards to the other items i've chosen would be appreciated..

Speakers
    3 x Kef Ci160.2QR mounted in rear ceiling + 1 of the same for the kitchen ceiling

Sub
    MJ Acoustics Pro50 Mk2

Amp/receiver
    Onkyo TX-SR674E (havent got time to wait for TX-SR605 and plasma doesnt have hdmi 1.3 anyway)

Plasma
    SAMSUNG PS50Q97HDX

2. suniil

suniil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +402
    It would be nice to consider Cantons as well. AV Receiver is good choice and VFM (IMHO) and futureproof upto certain extend.

Please read thru subwoofer forum :) to get a better idea with different brands and what's worth for VFM!