1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Center speaker won't work

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by user10293, Jan 21, 2005.

1. user10293

user10293

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Logitech X-530 with a Turtle Beach Riviera sound card and my center speaker doesn't work. I tested it in games and used the software that came with my sound card and it still doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and installing the drivers but that didn't work. However, I tried plugging the center speaker's cable into a different port(don't know the correct term for it) and it worked at that time. Do I have damaged hardware or do I need to adjust my settings?

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The problem will be in your settings. Have you enabled 5.1 sound in the windows sound control panel? Centre speakers are a funny issue on computers, and half the time they seem not to work!

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Some times the connector for the centre/sub is the wrong way around, in which case your sub will be geting the highs and mids while your centre is getting the lows.

You can probaly get a phono swaper, which whould turn the left into the right and that would hopefuly fix it. Try maplins.