center speaker positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

micks_address

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've just entered the world of projectors. With my tv i used to sit my centre speaker on top of it. I can't do that with the projector - i'll be projecting onto a wall to start with so where should i position my centre speaker? Is it ok to have it underneath the screen - will it sound strange?

Cheers,
Mick

p.s. i know the obvious answer is to try it and see but i'm currently moving house so i won't be set up properly for a month or so :(

Hi

Underneath is where most have their centre speakers, on a stand of some sort, and preferably on the same plane as the left & right speakers so that all drivers are in line. You might need to angle the speaker up (or down!) depending where you sit in relation to the speakers (heightwise).

Thanks for the reply - by plane - do you mean the same height?

hmm that might be a bit awkward then - if i have the left and right at say 1 meter off the ground then the bottom of the screen will have to be 1 meter from the ground or my centre speaker will be in front of the screen? or is it a case of lowering the left and right to match the height of the center? - if that makes sense

In an ideal world, all your speaker drivers would be at your head height when sat in your listening position, in some cases that´s not possible. Some people have their front left & right speakers either side of the screen with the centre below but angled up.

I think it´s a case of experimenting with what sounds best and is easiest to accomodate, given the kit you have, stands etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom