• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Center speaker for RX-V673

rdrifter

Standard Member
Please I need some help regarding my speaker upgrade. I am planning to make some changes to the Center and Front without spending too much. I have got RX-V673 along with Canton Movie 85 CX speakers now.

I saw below speakers on eBay

Mordaunt Short MS304 Center (55 Euro)
Mordaunt Short Avant 902i (95 Euro)

Is it worth the upgrade?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Those should be a step up from your current speakers. Although they are the same make I do not think they are the same model. Hence I would probably look for the same model across the front 3.

rdrifter

Standard Member
Thanks PSM1

You are right about the CS, its not the correct match.As per some old posts Mordaunt & Short Avant 905i Center seems in the same category as 920i

rdrifter

Standard Member
got one more option

Infinity Alpha 5 - Front + Center + Rear + Sub (€250)

How is this compared to Mordaunt 920i? and is it suitable for the Yamaha Amp?

rdrifter

Standard Member
Well at the end bought the Alpha 5 for €200. I thought it was better than getting the MS speakers as it was hard to find a matching CS.

For the time being I am enjoying it, but am sure that will change very soon ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom