center speaker above or below television?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
should i place my center speaker in on a shelf below the television or place it on top of the tv. the speaker is magnaeticlly sheilded so thats not an issue?

cheeers:)

Ideally it should be placed such that it's tweeter is level with those of the left and right speakers. Most likely above your TV.

Originally posted by miller25
should i place my center speaker in on a shelf below the television or place it on top of the tv. the speaker is magnaeticlly sheilded so thats not an issue?

cheeers:)

Cat here,

If you want to hear bass sounds, then I suggest you place the speaker below the TV.

But if you don't like lower sounds and preffer more, mid and high sounds, then place it above the TV.

This is due to the "human sensitivity effect," The human ear receives better the lower bass sounds when the speaker is on the ground. But the the mid and high sounds are perceived better when the speaker is placed higher. Lets not forget that the ear frequency response due to sensibility of perceiving is logarithmic, not linear.

Cheers,

Cat Revilla

Try it both ways and see (obvious answer!).

The previous responses are correct as the idea is to achieve a tonal match with your main speakers. If the centre sounds bass-light you might be better trying it below the TV. Conversely if it sounds plodding and boomy, try placing it abouve your set.

Suck it and see, one way should sound better than the other giving a more consistent front soundstage.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom