1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Center placement on cabinet...

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by wiped, Oct 9, 2003.

1. wiped

wiped
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just ordered a plasma screen to replace my "old" 32" tv.

I have a problem with the placement of my center with the new screen that i hope you can help me out with.

With the TV I’ve had the center placed on top of the tv and it works fine, the tv is on a 55cm deep cabinet.

Now i plan to put the plasma on the wall above the cabinet (but not to high) just enough so the center can be placed ON the cabinet and not be in the way for the picture.

My question is, should i place it in the front of the cabinet which means it will be about 50cm in front of the screen or should i place it further back, but then face problems with the cabinet blocking sounds downwards?
    I fear that if i place the center at the front of the cabinet, the sound will not be coming "from the screen"...

The front speakers are placed on each side of the cabinet with the front of the speakers at the front of the cabinet.
    If i place the center in front it will be on the same distance as the front speakers..

the cabinet is about 85cm high and the viewing distance to the wall where the plasma will be is about 3.5 m.

Any suggestions are welcome.

2. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You need to experiment with how it sounds But I found the sound of my speaker improves if it sits right at the front edge of my TV cabinet angled down towards me (bit of blue tack under back legs).