Center match for Polk Audio SDA-2B

Reallyjoe

Novice Member
Morning
I am looking for a replacement center channel speaker. I use Polk Audio SDA-2B for my mains and some Polks for the rears. I blew the drivers in the current Polk center and was never impressed with it.
I am using a Marantz SR-6014 for the Pre-outs, feeding a Rotel RMB-1095 for power. I am in a room roughly 13x19 with 9 foot ceiling

I was thinking B&W but am open for suggestions. My budget is pretty open

Thanks
Joe

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You could place the Marantz into Phantom mode (set the centre channel to none - re-run the room eq) for the centre channel which will use your main speakers for the centre. If however you want a new centre speaker, what budget to you have available plus have you a requirement regarding size for placement?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Maybe have a look at something from the Emotiva Range Those are large speakers to match I don't think any centre channel will integrate perfectly, yet the Airmotiv C2 will give you a large sound for the the price. Have you tried running the system in phantom mode?

Reallyjoe

Novice Member
Shane
Interesting looking speaker, I like the ribbon tweeter design. However I am in the States, not available here.
Thanks
Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom