Question Center Channel Dilemna

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by nrudiak, Apr 7, 2017.

1. nrudiak

nrudiak
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know its preferred not to mix audio brand types so a sonic consistency is maintained but here is my question. I only have a 5.25" space for a center channel speaker in my TV stand and am thinking of buying a Martin Logan Motion 6 center to accompany the Klipsch R-15M (which I currently have). This new center would replace the center that came with the Klipsch quintet speaker system. My size limitation of the center channel does not give me a lot of options. Any thoughts on all this for my home theater system? Thanks.

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,426
    Putting a centre speaker in an AV cabinet is far from ideal and it will be adversely affecting the sound from it.
    Have you tried no using a centre at all? How close to the TV are your front L/R speakers? How central do you sit to the TV?

3. nrudiak

nrudiak
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interest questions that I hadn't considered. I have a 60" sony that I sit about 10 feet away from. My front klipsch speakers sit about 10 inches away from the Sony. I also have a klipsch sub woofer. The tv stand is a corner one to give you a better idea of my room layout. Are you suggesting that I just upgrade my fronts since they are so close to the TV that I should not be concerned about the center? I'm assuming that the MLB Motion 6 center will be an upgrade over the center from the klipsch center from their quintet package I am currently using. The MLB center is on sale for $200 so it's a fairly inexpensive upgrade. Thanks for your input!

4. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,426
    Given you have a corner placement for the TV and front L/R speakers are so close together then I would remove the centre and just upgrade the front L/R speakers instead.