trireme32

Novice Member
For my Denon X1400H, I'm using the MultEQ Editor app to build as close to a B&K Curve (around +1 from 60-100hz, curving down to about -5.5) as I can get for my L/R speakers (Philharmonic AAMs). For my center channel, is it generally best practice to use the same curve?

I ask because I tried that, and there was too much sibilance/harshness in dialogue. So I limited the curve adjustment to 500hz, and that helped, but dialogue is still a bit too shouty in Dolby Surround, and a bit muddy in Neural X. Regardless, I have to keep my dialogue boosted to ~+4, but from my understanding that's not unusual at all.

Is there a different curve that might get me cleaner results?

gibbsy

What is the actual position of your centre speaker. Is it on a shelf, in a cabinet or on a speaker stand. Is it at seated ear height. Wrongly positioning a centre speaker can really kill it.

trireme32

Novice Member
It’s on the top of the wall unit, same height as L/R, angled towards MLP ear height, 13.7’ away. It’s positioned at the edge so there is absolutely nothing blocking the tweeters.

Unfortunately I do not have a flexible setup at all.

gibbsy

I don't have the app on my X6200, it's a little too old a model for that. However, I have found that Audyssey has done a very good job in my room which is acoustically very forgiving. This is despite having all my front speakers on a cabinet although they are all sitting proud of the edge.

Having a quick look for your speakers which are really rare here in the UK all remark as to how dependant they are on positioning and angles and have to have the tweeters at seated ear height.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom