Center and Rear center (Bookshelfs or Centers?)

Vik's

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a buying an 6.1 reciever (Marantz SR4300 or CA 540R). And then I'll need center and rear center speakers.

So, the question is: can I buy Cerwin Vega V-5M (a pair of bookshelfs) and use them as C and RC, or is it much better (and little bit more expensive, however) to buy two CV V-5C (centers)?

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry Vik's - you won't get many useful replies here. Those Cerwin Vega speakers aren't available in the UK, so few members will have any experience of them. :(

Oops! Didn't know that. Thank you for information, Nobber22!

But generally speaking, is it possible to use bookshelf speaker as a center (from the same series), or is it just a "temporary solution" that can be used until the normal center bought?

Originally posted by Vik's
is it possible to use bookshelf speaker as a center (from the same series

Absolutely. I use a Mission M72 as a centre as I find it integrates better with my M73 floorstanders (exactly the same drivers, just different cabinet volume). The popular M7C2 centre was good when I owned it, but using one M72 is better in my setup IMO.

I used a center speaker as a rear speaker but now use a bi-polar on instead which im much more happy with (and it takes up less room).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom