Celtic Cross

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took this picture eariler this afternoon. I've had a go at selective colouring which I've only tried a few times before. I'm not convinced it works though? C&C welcome.

I personally don't think there is enough of a difference between the cross and background to make selective colouring work in this interest. A nice high contrast B&W would be superb though :)

Nice original shot though and I can see where you were heading with it :)

I personally don't think there is enough of a difference between the cross and background to make selective colouring work in this interest. A nice high contrast B&W would be superb though :)

Nice original shot though and I can see where you were heading with it :)

I had a feeling it didn't work in this instance but wasn't totally sure. Thanks for the comments and the B&W tips, I'll give it a go.

B+W version is better. The cross doesn't have much colour in it anyway so its barely noticable as selective colouring.

One thing I notice is that you've got quite big areas of blown highlights and lost shadow in the picture. Don't know if that's down to the processing or just due to the very harsh lighting.

B+W version is better. The cross doesn't have much colour in it anyway so its barely noticable as selective colouring.

One thing I notice is that you've got quite big areas of blown highlights and lost shadow in the picture. Don't know if that's down to the processing or just due to the very harsh lighting.

It's no doubt the harsh lighting. It was far from ideal conditions out there. I've ordered an ND Grad Filter from the camera shop for future use. And a polariser also.

Cheers

I have tried this a few times and fine them very tricky to meter from.:(

My version:

Your images are fine, its just they are light on the bottom and dark on the top. Maybe if your more head on that would give you different light.

There is a church not far from me that has a stunning cross and the only thing I was able to do was a silhouette. I may give it another go :D

Its whats nice about these forums, others have done various different things with the same subject you will always pick up some tips. Flickr is also good regarding that. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom