Cello dvd 8105 any info ?

SLIM

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok guy's sainsburys have a divx dvd player its a Cello dvd 8105 i can not find infor on it @ all anyone able to help thank's

Ok i got 1 to day to test im takeing it back naw but PLAY'S DIVX 3'4'5 XVID KVCD SVCD VCD CD-R DVD-R DVD+R DVD RW I THINK ITS multi region its black ally nice blue lite @ the front Pro scan 5.1 dig and cox Crap REMOTE CONTROL looks like a bus lol.
But £35 pound's its a BARGIN and it dose realy look nice. Nicer then the 2 player i have right naw

Found all most the same modell click here

I bought one from Sainsburys this evening. It is multi region - tried it with region 1 and 3.

Aside from the too large remote control, initial impressions are very good. A lot quieter than my old DIVX player which 'chattered' away especially when FF'ing.

This has up to 8x FF which seems to work well on DIVX discs - aside from a little pause when you restart play.
Progressive is possible via component and RGB via scart.

Quite stylish - a lot better than the usual Chinese cheap stuff. Not bad for £35.

Paul

I got one of these today, impressed although some of the avi's I play seem 'juddery' and I don't know why...... :confused:

Kwozzii

Kwozzii said:
I got one of these today, impressed although some of the avi's I play seem 'juddery' and I don't know why...... :confused:

Kwozzii

I personally have had no juddering problems so far - but if you search on here for mpeg4modifier you will find several threads that may help.

Paul

Yeah thanks for that - got the software and all solved now :clap:
Not a bad player for the money I must say.....

Cheers again,

Kwozzii

Kwozzii said:
Not a bad player for the money I must say.....

Glad that sorted it. None of my DIVX or XVID films have the packed setting.

The player is certainly worth a go at the price it is. My only problem is with the RGB output which is described as VGA on the box. My LCD TV doesn't seem to like it - but otherwise great value.

Paul

My Panny plasma flicks between ratios if I set it to 'wide' or whatever, but if I leave it in 4:3 it's ok.
Mind you that's only with avi's - with dvd no probs....

Kwozzii

I just bought this player yesterday. Connected it up through component and it worked perfectly. The player for £35 is fantastic. Plays everything I've thrown at it. Picture is good and sound is good. It plays DTS perfectly, even though it doesn't state it on the boot but it does in the manual. There are a few websites around that have programs, so you can modify the firmware etc. The player I think is powered by the MediaTek MT13xx. The tray is alittlw flimsy but other than that, a great buy.

Anyone taken the lid off and checked the chip is a Mediatek and what version ? Please :D

Hi Guys

I got one of these yesterday from Sainsbury´s. It is very well designed, it looks very sleek and it´s black! The only problem is the IR receiver placed under the tray, which makes it a bit of a pain if you have it on a low shelf.

I had some judder on a few files, albeit all from the same person (must try mpeg4modifier as suggested). I tried several others and they all worked perfectly. The image quality is excellent and the sound is very good. I haven´t tried subtitles yet. Does anyone have? Does it work?

The bad bit is that I rang that number on the back of the manual (Key Electronics) enquiring about a possible firmware update and the guy was less than helpful. He didn´t know of any updates, he didn´t know which Mediatek chip it uses... Well, useless... I asked if I could get in touch with the supllier directly, he said no...

I love the look of the player, very different from all the rest, but if this is the kind of support I´ll be getting, I think I´ll take it back.

Is there a way of upgrading the firmware, even if not supplied by Cello?

How do you check the firmware version anyway?....

Thanks

It is a OEM divx player. Cello aren't a really manufacture as such. I've bought one today. I'll figure out how to get firmware info and chip details later today. And yes you can use firmware not from the original manufacture....its knowing which one to use and will if add anything. I'll investigate :)

Be great if you can upgrade the firmware I must say..
Does anyone else have a green tinge to the picture when watching through RGB??? Not tried the component output yet but shall give it a go when I get the chance (i.e. when other half not watching her soaps :boring: )

Kwozzii

Chip : MediaTek1389FE
Optical Pickup : Sony
Divx subtitles work, SMI, SRT tested ok. Bit on the small size, plain white, no outline.

Not found how to et the firmware version as yet.
Not tried packed bitstreams.

For anyone interested in what the menus look like they are more or less the same as the Zensonic 330:
http://ausdivx.ms11.net/z330/z330screen.htm

No green tinge on RGB.

Its default to region free (I think) but you can change the region by :
Turn on
Open the tray
Press Setup
Select Perference
Enter 1379
Choose your area (O = multizone) ((move cursor up or down))

Photos :

http://www.nogs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cello_dvd8105/

The ones of the optical pick with the Sony logos didn't come out well enough to read. It says Sony on two parts, you can semi see it on the main inside photo.

I can't figure out who to get firmware information. Or find a similar looking player with hacked firmware. If someone could dump the firmware it could then be improved upon.

In the Inside picture, by the scart you can see where a VGA output would go.

Nice one for the pictures. I remember seeing something about getting the firmware numbers. I'll have a look around again and I'll post the findings.

Well, I tried every possible combination of keys on the remote to get the firmware version but to no avail.

Searched every possible foreign site for info on it - couldn't find it.

Hi All
I'm new to this forum
Registered because i wanted to buy one of these dvd players and found this forum very helpful - so thank you guys and girls(if there's any birds here...:) for your help and information.

Please could you check if this website is of any help on how to get the firmware version details on this cello dvd

http://who.is.free.fr/wiki/index.php?Mediatek

Cheers

Hrithik Roshan UK

I dropped into Sainsbury's on the way home this evening to have a look at this machine, having been following this thread. I liked what I saw so decided I couldn't go wrong for £35!

The good news is that with the component progressive scan enabled into my Video7 32" LCD, the PQ beats my Toshiba SD220E hands down. The bad news is that the picture disappeared for about a second every minute or so when watching a normal DVD (24 Series 3 Disc 4, to be exact). The sound via the optical out was fine, just the picture went and the 'No Input' message flashed briefly up on the screen. The other problem is that I couldn't get the RGB Scart output to work properly. This wouldn't have been a problem because I only planned to use the component outputs, but I wanted to see if it exhibited the same behaviour via Scart.

So, I'm going to take it back tomorrow and get a replacement. If that doesn't work then I'll have to go with something else. It's a bit of a bummer because the player looks really good (although the blue light is a bit bright) and has all the right connections. Even if it only lasts a year then it's still pretty good value.

Unless anyone else has had the same problem and found a workaround?

hrithikroshanuk, thanks for the link but already seen it, no help :(

Vorix, sounds like you got a duff one, shame. RGB is working fine for me.

Agreed the blue light is a tad bright but I can live with it.

Which stores have any in stock ? None left in the Bristol area.

There were 5 in stock in Bolton... A bit of a stretch from Bristol :rolleyes:

I agree with Vorix. It looks really good. It has a robust look with that metallic upper body and all the lettering on the front is tastefully done.

Still trying to get info on firmware. Those guys at Key Electronics were useless.

Maybe if we swamp them with requests they could get in touch with the supplier.

I've sent a request for more info on this player, maybe you could all send one ... :thumbsup:

Key Electronics Web form

I emailed Key Electronics and the QiShang as per the link near the start of the thread.

In french how to get firmware version info (I can't get to google translate from here). You can read all the codes to try below though....

1. Allumer le lecteur de DVD
2. Appuyer sur le bouton OPEN pour ouvrir le tiroir
2. Appuyer sur le bouton SETUP de la télécommande
3. Avec certains lecteurs, appuyer sur la touche FLECHE GAUCHE de la télécommande.
3. Appuyer successivement sur les boutons chiffrés de la télécommande pour entrer le code

Le code est variable d'un modèle à un autre, vous pouvez vous reporter à la page modèles pour rechercher le code correspondant à votre lecteur. Sinon, vous pouvez essayer les codes suivants:
1369, 1379, 1389, 49450, 49540, 1234, 0000, 8888, 8806, 9999

I couldn't get any of these to work, need to double check though I think.

Bolton !? hehe... think I'll skip that but thats for the info :)

NX3, I found the same site and tried all the codes but none of them worked. I found a Yahoo group, called mt13x9 and joined that. When reading all the information on there, the company can disable all access to the firmware version. Hopefully this is not what Key Electronics have done but you never know.

I've not had any problems with mine, through RGB or component. The picture is fine and no dropouts. I am really amazed at the player for the price.

I've also emaile QiSheng concerning the player. Hopefully we may have an answer soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom