Cello CQ8101

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by protiek, Mar 20, 2005.

1. protiek

protiek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Never poste dhere before so go easy on me. I recently won a DVD player at my work, it is not the greatest thing in the world but we thought we would give it a go and try and set it up, we hooked up the three different coloured plugs into the back of the DVD player, Yellow, WHite and Red. Then we plugged the opposite ends of these cables into a scart converter plug and into the back of our Bush 913VP (That is the model number) into scart port 1, this correspnds with channel E1 on our video channel.

When we went to turn it on, everything looked fine, we had the splash screen, no problems at all, but when I went to put in my Family Guy DVD, the brightness is wildly changing from light to dark, now I had already experienced this some time ago whilst trying to watch a DVD in my PS2 which was also plugged in through the VCR. I had done some research back then and dicovered it was something to do with Macrovision Copy Protection. Needless to say I am not at all happy about this, my TV isn't exactly new s I do not have the luxury of a SCART plug in the back of it so the ONLY way to set it all up is through the VCR. Who are the MPAA to prevent me from doing this, I don't even live in the US, why does it apply to me?

Now I do not want to have to throw out this DVD player which looks like it could be alright, can any of you direct me to anything that I could do to workaround this problem? I have heard the term stabilizer and firmware thrown around, preferably I would like to not spend any money on something that shouldn't even be an issue in the first place. Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    -Tom Griffin

2. protiek

protiek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody?

3. Dave Cawley

Dave Cawley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not familiar with this player, but I doubt 3 plugs into a scart is remotely the correct way. To be honest, I would read the manual.

Dave