1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cell calls through Bluetooth PC...?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by will_aberdeen, Mar 19, 2005.

1. will_aberdeen

will_aberdeen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may sound entirely stupid, but here it goes anyway...

I have a Bluetooth enabled laptop which I use to transfer files between my Nokia 6230. Given the amount of hours I spend making calls on my phone, I am beginning to consider buying a Bluetooth headset to give my brain a bit of a break from the radiation...

But, I started wondering if my laptop itself could be used as a headset, if you get my drift? ie, through mic/headphones connected to my laptop? I don't see why this would be completely science fiction, since a normal headset works through Bluetooth anyway, and a computer should be a little smarter...

Has anyone heard of this kinda thing been done? Does such software exist to let you do this?

2. podman123

podman123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup sure can .. i found this out by accident when my friend called my bluetooth enabled phone and suddenly he started talking through the speakers of my laptop !! at first, i was tripping as i didnt know what was going on .. the i said ' steve is that you ? ' ... then he replied ' YES ' ... i wasnt too sure what the heck was going on but then realized that my laptop picked up my bluetooth signal and voila :) ... though i didnt install any software for this feature it was already activated .. i think u just pair ur phone and laptop then go to ' My Network Places ' ... select ur laptop bluetooth modem, then u should see what stuff u can do with ur bluetooth device, look for 'Audio Gateway' .. thats what i clicked on and it linked up. You may also find ' dial up networking ' for wireless net connection, and a a few PIM stuff, anyways if u want more help mail me @ rayrajan 'at' hotmail dot com , also add me to ur msn list ... anyways c u soon.

Ray