Cell calls through Bluetooth PC...?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by will_aberdeen, Mar 19, 2005.

1. will_aberdeen

will_aberdeen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may sound entirely stupid, but here it goes anyway...

I have a Bluetooth enabled laptop which I use to transfer files between my Nokia 6230. Given the amount of hours I spend making calls on my phone, I am beginning to consider buying a Bluetooth headset to give my brain a bit of a break from the radiation...

But, I started wondering if my laptop itself could be used as a headset, if you get my drift? ie, through mic/headphones connected to my laptop? I don't see why this would be completely science fiction, since a normal headset works through Bluetooth anyway, and a computer should be a little smarter...

Has anyone heard of this kinda thing been done? Does such software exist to let you do this?

2. podman123

podman123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup sure can .. i found this out by accident when my friend called my bluetooth enabled phone and suddenly he started talking through the speakers of my laptop !! at first, i was tripping as i didnt know what was going on .. the i said ' steve is that you ? ' ... then he replied ' YES ' ... i wasnt too sure what the heck was going on but then realized that my laptop picked up my bluetooth signal and voila :) ... though i didnt install any software for this feature it was already activated .. i think u just pair ur phone and laptop then go to ' My Network Places ' ... select ur laptop bluetooth modem, then u should see what stuff u can do with ur bluetooth device, look for 'Audio Gateway' .. thats what i clicked on and it linked up. You may also find ' dial up networking ' for wireless net connection, and a a few PIM stuff, anyways if u want more help mail me @ rayrajan 'at' hotmail dot com , also add me to ur msn list ... anyways c u soon.

Ray