1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celestion speakers.....do i need a change?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by chicksdignick, Jun 28, 2005.

1. chicksdignick

chicksdignick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im currently running a set of celesion avp305 surround speakers from a sony strda3000es amp and im thinking about getting some new gear. With about a grand to spend im wondering what i should consider as an alternative speaker package and how much of an improvement i could expect. Ive not had a lot of speaker packages and although the celestion speakers i have sound good, in the grand scheme of things i honestly dont have much experiance for reference. If anybody has had these speakers in the past id like to know what they think. Im never gonna be able to spend thousands and thousands but id like to know that im getting something pretty good for an honest mans wage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Nick :smashin:

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're looking to upgrade, take a look at this thread, its still quite short but matches your question. My opinion would be to look at the Kef Q range amongst others.
    BTW you should notice a reasonably pleasant improvement with any of those speaker packages mentioned :)
    Skinny

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Maybe the best idea is to go to a shop and arrange a couple of demo's and see if you find the difference is worth the money.