1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Celestion Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Messiah, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I have a set of Celestion C series speakers which includes a pair of C1's used for the front soundstage. I've already had to repair one where some muppet forget to fit one of the speaker screws and as such the speaker vibrated at high(ish) volume.

Now I find the bottom speaker on the right hand unit crackles and pops at high volume. If I tajke the front off the unit and just lightly touch the cone it stops it (also affecting the sound output obviously). There is no visible damage and if I knock the volume back a few notches it sounds just fine.

Anyone got any ideas? A call to Celestion next week but just wondered if it is likely fixable or does it sound terminal :)

Thanks.

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi Neil,

No ideas I'm afraid but I thought yours were C3's, (the big ones) as oppossed to the C1's (bookshelves).

Let us know how you get on with Celestion, they are usually pretty good with this kind of stuff.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Yeah you're right. Not thinking straight. (Actually could not be bothered to turn them upside down to look :) ) The fronts are C3's and the rear C2's.

I'll let you know what they say but feel sure they won't cause any grief and will probably (hopefully) just send out a new speaker.