• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Celestion F1

I Am Custard

Morning,

Yesterday my dad gave me his old speakers as a birthday present (oh and an old sherwood amp and paradigm sub).

He got them about 5-6 years ago used them for about 8 months then packed them away in storage. I remember he spent alot on his set up at the time (or so he told me)

So these speakers are like brand new. I have set them up to the ONKYO 605 and done the auto set up. They seem to have much more clarity than my cheap Tannoy EFX set. But i need to drive the amp more. Before i had to stop at 50 now i have to go to 55-60 to get same level.

Is this right??

Are these speakers like the Q-Acoustics of old?

anyway my set up looks more grown up. Just wondered if anyone could shed some light on them.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
What are the levels for each speaker set at within the amp? How does this compare to the levels with your old Tannoy speakers. The levels could easily have been set to +5dB before and now at 0dB hence the extra volume required on the master volume. Auto set ups are nice and easy but they can do so funny things at times!!!!
The Celestion speakers could also be a little harder to drive compared to the Tannoys or slightly different resistance. All will affect the output in terms of volume.

I Am Custard

that makes sense. Thanks!!

Is more resistence a good thing?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom