1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celestion F Series - Any Good ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dlintheuk, Jan 3, 2001.

1. dlintheuk

dlintheuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has any got the Celestion F Series or seen a review ?

A friend has been offered them at a good price in Richer sounds and he has asked my advise. He is new to all this and I don't want to say go for it if they are a poor product, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

David

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a set of f-series celestions and i think there superb. I had been pulling my hair out listening to different speakers for weeks including tannoy mx series and kef cresta's but i found them not to my taste. I went to richersounds looking at the missions they have on special offer but they wernt good at all but after having a demo the plastic got swiped.
    They are good for music and hc plenty of bass and the centre is also good...well recommended

Mike

3. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +664
    I am looking for a small pair of speakers for my dining room.

Currently, my short list is:-

Celestion F1
    Gale Gold Monitors
    Tannoy mxR

Today, I had chance to listen to them all, and although they were not on the same system, there was a clear winner.

THe Gales sounded very dull.. The Tannoys, very 'small', but the Celestion were by far the best... I was actually quite impressed.

However, be aware that the Celestion's are rear ported, which means that they wont' be easy to locate close to a wall..

Where as the other two could be mounted flush to a wall.

But, I would say that for the money (£120 in Richer Sounds) they are well worth it.

However, its interesting to call them 'Celestions'.

I saw on their web site that they do F and A type speakers.

Their equivalent speaker in their 'A' class is £600.

I rang them to ask the difference and was told that the 'F's are ONLY sold in Richer Sounds. So they certainly don't come across as a premium product.. But they are very good.

Let me know how you get on, as I may be investing in a pair of these too shortly.

4. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have a set of F3 floor standers as fronts, the FCentre as the ...yes centre, connected to a Tosh SD2109 DVD and a Denon AVC1350 DPL Amp and I have to say the set up is excellent for the money. A friend is a real fanatic with a MAJOR system and when he heard it he couldn't believe how good the speakers were for the price. And I think they've dropped the price from what I paid (240.00 F3's 89.00 FC) PLUS with Richer if you don't like them take them back! I did have the little ones (F1's?)as rears but had to swap them for Mission 77DS bipolars and they did this no questions asked. They also look the biz.