1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celestion-Ditton Pre/Power Amps

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Pauly, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Pauly

Pauly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,Two points....has any one seen on the Richersounds site and in magazines the Ditton/Celestion Pre/Power cinema amps ??
    does anyone know anything about these products???...reduced from supposedly £1000 to £299!!..........i have searched high and low but can't find any details or reviews....i even e-mailed Celestion who say they do not support these products and they are a Richersounds exclusive.....

Another point...be carefull all the magazine ads state DTS...but on the website it says no DTS..strange!!

2. david omalley

david omalley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the new silver version of the
    ditton ddp 5.1/dca 5 pre power amp
    and i can say it is one of the best amps i have ever had
    i paid 1600 pounds in november 2005.
    i can say in my option it is better then the yamaha rx-v4600 and the denon diva-avr300
    it now as
    2 x 200 watts in stereo and
    5 x 100 watts in surround sound
    upgraded power compared to the older model 2 x 160/5 x 80 watts.
    there is a 1 month waiting time from the time you pay till you get the amp but it is worth the wait
    enjoy
    d omalley

3. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    Wow, there's a name from the past. Celestion were (are?) a speaker manufacturer. The Ditton was one of their speaker models, maybe 30 years ago.

4. deaf cat

deaf cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I saw what may be the same advertised locally about a year ago, had a quick look on RSounds but could not seem to find it?

I did find a Ditton web site about 3 years ago which I am trying to find now..
    (Bought Ditton -not celestion- Floorstanders 3 years ago ish - sound FAB!)