1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

celestion ditton 2

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bobbyb, Sep 22, 2004.

1. bobbyb

bobbyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i'm about to buy my first little system. i've found a nad3020a and celestion ditton 2. I got some info on the nad but haven't yet found anything on the celestion speakers.

From what I saw it looks like the each speaker has an 8 inch driver and the specs at the back read:
    8 ohms
    10-70w
    90.5dB

My requirements are pretty basic - at the moment I'm only interested in listening to music from computer, cd or dvd sources but I may at some point get a couple of cdjs and/or a more comlpex computer set-up.
    I also live in an apartment so power is not too much of an issue for me (which is good given the amp is not too powerful).

Both the amp and speakers are probably older than 20 years. However all parts are original and look in great condition. I'm a little concerned that I'm overpaying for the system (especially the speakers) but it looks like classic gear in great condition. Are the speakers ones to hold on to?

I'm a newbie so I'm not sure what I'm getting into.

Any advice/pointers

2. bobbyb

bobbyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've been offered boston cr-55s instead. which is better?

3. bobbyb

bobbyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    now i've been offered boston cr-7s.

this is confusing

4. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The Ditton's were good speakers 20 years ago but were not the best around. I guess they should not attract a premium price. The crossover inductors would have seen better days and maybe the caps to, along with the interbal wiring.

As long as they sound ok with no strange noises on low bass, you should be ok