1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celestion C Series

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JohnS, Feb 5, 2001.

1. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Has any body got this set of speakers? The reveiw in HCC is very good, I heard them at live 2000 and was impressed(despite the background noise from the other stands),I am interested in any feedback with real world use.

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I have Celestion C series with the C2 mains, but minus the subwoofer (I have a cheap pioneer sub at the moment). I like them a lot, sound is very crisp and are excellent at both movies and music. I do believe that you need quite a meaty amp to drive them as the front speakers are all rated at 4ohm. The Denon AVC-A1SE does the job very nicely! The surrounds are quite small for bi-polars but are still very effective without being overpowering. I only have a small room 7x14 ft (converted garage) and I think that the speakers could do with more width, but there isn't much I can do about that. I recently tried a REL Q200 with my speakers and I found that they worked very well together. A nice aspect of owning Celestion C speakers is that they are much more exclusive than say B&W, Mission, Kef, M&K etc. I'm the only person I know that owns them, which I find amazing considering the good reviews.