Celestion AVP305

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sphynx, Nov 25, 2001.

1. sphynx

sphynx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone heard or seen this set?...they're supposed to be a superior version of the KEF Eggs

2. flunchy

flunchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have! They look and sound fantastic. Unfortunately they cost £1000 which was too much for me (bought the Eggs for £620).

The satellites are made in the same factory as the Eggs, so similar build quality. 4" mid/bass and aluminium dome tweeter in curvy aluminium shell. Centre speaker has 2 x 4" drivers for better base response, they did sound more meaty in the centre channel when compared to the Eggs. Sub is re-worked version of Eggs' sub with more power, giving deeper response (according to spec.).

Tonally they have a similar sound to the Eggs, but the metal tweeters give a clearer top-end, the centre channel makes a difference, and the sub is definitely better than the Kef one.

Superior? I'd say so but not £400 superior IMHO.

3. sphynx

sphynx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen them available for £850....

Can the satellites be wall mounted ?

4. flunchy

flunchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £850 is better. The best price I had was £900.

The sats have the same 'foot' as the Eggs so can be wall mounted.

5. gul

gul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So where can we see them and who sells them ? There's v little coming up on Google.

What I'd also like to know is it possible to buy a 5-pk of any of these sub sat packages and then buy a couple more sats on their own for the extra channels amps are providing these days. As I understand it, people often wire straight back to the amp rather than the sub. Or may be there is a 7.1 sub/sat package people have heard of ?

6. flunchy

flunchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can see them here:

http://www.celestion.com/products/celestion.htm (Style Series)

You can buy them here:

http://www.hifistore.co.uk

I'm sure other people will be doing them soon, they have only just been launched. Celestion and Kef are the same company so I'd expect that anyone that sells Kef will sell these sooner or later.

I'm sure you'll be able to buy extra sats, you can with the Kef eggs. You'll need to get a supplier to order them direct from the manufacturer.

7. gul

gul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Attached Files: