1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celestion AVP305 Reviews (and questions!)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by HarlemUSA, Nov 13, 2003.

1. HarlemUSA

HarlemUSA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those interested in the funky Celestion SoundStyle sat/sub surround speakers (AVP305), I found some honest reviews on the web that I haven't seen referenced elsewhere:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=1891

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/ar...on_id=3&article_id=481&page_number=1&preview=

I have three related questions for the group, if I may:

1. One of the reviews above states that the center speaker (an AVC301) has 1 x 4" driver and 1 x 4" passive radiator (that happens to look exactly like the driver in photos). Celestion's website states that there are in fact 2 x 4" drivers. Does anyone out there know for sure?

2. Along with the AVP305's, I'm considering purchasing the larger AVF302 to serve as my front left/front right speakers, effectively creating a 7.1 system. My question: will the larger 5.25" drivers on the 302's really work well with the 4" driver(s) on the 301 center speaker?

3. I can purchase the entire 7.1 system above from BestBuy here in the US for roughly $1,200 delivered...is this a no-brainer purchase, or should I be considering something else for the same money?

Thanks in advance!

2. HarlemUSA

HarlemUSA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd try again in case my original message slipped by your radar...

3. gunrock

gunrock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I have the Celestion AVP305 set and will try to answer your questions.

1. It's two drivers.

2. Couldn't say for sure but the frequency range handled by the bigger satellites is improved and mesh well with the range of the center. Plus they look very swish! Beech or glass finish? :smashin:

3. Couldn't say. For the UK that'd be a pretty good deal.

Personally I'm very happy with the AVP305 set. It's married to a NAD T752. If I had the money, I'd have gone for the 302's as well.

Gunrock