1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celestion AVP303

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jborer, May 22, 2004.

1. jborer

jborer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am needing a speaker package for no more than the £800 mark. I am going to use them with a Pioneer VSXAX5i amplifier. The front two speakers will be best as floor standing speakers, but the surrounds will need to be smaller and attached to the walls. Richer Sounds are recommending the Celestion AVP303 package with glass front floor standing speakers. I am thinking of getting 2 additional rear speakers for 7.1 surround sound.

Has anyone any information on these speakers as I have not really heard of them before. They are being recommended over the KEF Eggs 2005.2 package. Has anyone got any better ideas for a pacakge at this price range?

Cheers.

2. Tee Tee

Tee Tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't know if this is any help to you, but Creative Audio have the Celestion AVP-305 package for £399 here.

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    full 7.1 pack avp305 and avf302
    only available with beech finish for fronts £650

4. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The fronts aren't the best that I've ever heard, although they look really nice. I'm only going on what I've heard of my flamate's sytem and he's only got the front 2 set up right now wih my old sony STR-DE475. I should image they'll sound a lot better wih better amplification and the sub hooked up too. They are good though :)

Richer sounds are selling the AVP303 an AVF302 beech fronts fo £500, or £550 with the glass fronts.

5. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I'd be more worried about the subwoofer (S10) mate. If the S8 is anything to go by, you'll be booming all over the place :(