Celestion AV305 owners.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by terrymul37, Dec 13, 2004.

1. terrymul37

terrymul37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Celestion AV305 package. It is part of the following system ;

Projector - Hitachi pj-tx100
    DVD - Denon 1910
    Amp - Sony STRB795

I am really happy with the speakers but not sure about Subwoofer settings,
    PLEASE HELP :lease:

2. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had the same problem as this was my first 'proper' sub. My advice is to set the crossover frequency to about 100-110 (the dial on the back goes from 40-140, so just get it roughly where 100-110 would be)

Then play a DVD which you know has strong bass (I used the starting battle of LoTR1 when Sauron gets killed and the shockwave blasts out) and use that to set the volume to a point where you can just make out what the sub is doing, then turn it down a little bit.

That's what I did to get me into the right ballpark - since then I've tried tweaking the settings a little and I've now got a nice compromise. The centre channel goes down to 60Hz, and the satellites go down to 90Hz, so you might want to turn the crossover down a bit lower, but I personally like it knocking around 100Hz, your room acoustics will have an influence.

3. terrymul37

terrymul37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks will give this a try and see how it goes. I am very impressed with the speakers. Bought them for £300 at unbeatable.

4. scussy

scussy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    same sort of problem with my sub,i have a mark grant sub cable from panny E85 dvd to the line in on the left channel input,is this right,
    i cannot hear much difference when turning the volume up on the sub,
    the 305 speakers sound good :thumbsup: but a little dissapointed with the sub,i had a better base with a cheap £50 5.1,maybe iam doing something wrong, :confused:

steve

5. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +515
    You have to be. I have the 302's beach effec as my two left and rights with the 305 package to finish off my 7.1 setup. For the price that I got these speakers I couldn't be happier. They are awesome. The sub is perfect on mine. I took the dvd's that what Home Cinema recomds have the best scenes to test your sub on and my oh my. Maybe you just need to adjust some of the settings. I find that with movies I have to crank the gain and with music turn it way down.

6. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Scussy - feed the sub output from the DVD player to your amp, then the output from your amp to the sub and that should solve your problem.

Or alternatively how are you connecting the DVD to the amp already? if you have it hooked up with a digital or optical connection then you can just connect the sub output from the amp to the sub and that'll do the trick.