• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ceiling speakers

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
are they any good for rear effects?

was thinking about putting them in my room for tidyness (in a bedroom so easy to install wires in the loft).

also not sure if i would need or can get ones that allow you to angle the cone towards the area wanted?

any advise or comments welcome, as i've not heard them in action.

main reason is for neatness, may also consider in wall options or very slimline wall mounts :)

budget is negotiable, just depends really, if i like something money does'nt usually become a problem :D

Quinten

Established Member
I ordered some Jamo 6.5CS from HifiBitz and had them delivered yesterday. Not installed them yet (hopefully this weekend), but will report on how they sound.

M

MrScruff

I would guess they are good solution as having rear surround speakers look really unbelievably ugly no matter how good looking the speaker is. Also if you have young kids (or immature/drunk adults) they are not dangerous.

As for the sound I am guessing they would work really well. Without having to angle them they should IMO widen sweet spot.

bogie

Standard Member
If you are creative, you can buy good quality Car speakers and colour them.

Only thing is car speakers are usually 4ohm impedance and not all amps like 4ohms. You can put 2 in series per chanel though.

I am thinking about this for multi-rooming my Denon 2805.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Quinten said:
I ordered some Jamo 6.5CS from HifiBitz and had them delivered yesterday. Not installed them yet (hopefully this weekend), but will report on how they sound.

please do mate, would imagine they will be pretty good :cool:

thanks for all the other comments, car speakers would be an idea but they similar money for decent ones anyway :)

clarky78

Established Member
MrScruff said:
I would guess they are good solution as having rear surround speakers look really unbelievably ugly no matter how good looking the speaker is. Also if you have young kids (or immature/drunk adults) they are not dangerous.

As for the sound I am guessing they would work really well. Without having to angle them they should IMO widen sweet spot.

I disagree with this...

Quinten

Established Member
rhino2k said:
any updates on those speakers Quinten :D

Nope, mrs Q decided she rather went shoe-shopping than assist me in mounting them, so I missed my DIY slot this weekend. Next opportunity is now Sunday, although she is already trying to sabotage that attempt too :(

Quinten

Established Member
But I insisted this time ;)

Fitted them on Sunday, and connected them to a Sharp mini-hifi. I'm not an audiophile, and don't listen to music loudly, but the sound coming out of the speakers was actually not bad at all. Their is a little cone inside that you can aim towards the center of the room to help focussing the sound.

Not sure what else I can tell you. For me it is £70 reasonably well spend (I'm a bit of a cheapskate, and would have loved them to be cheaper ;)), and they look nice once mounted in the ceiling.

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
anymore thoughts on these?

reason for ceiling is also a problem with placement, cant get sats right im my room :)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom