1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by private4587, Oct 27, 2005.

1. private4587

private4587

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi as a newbie to the art of sound i am hoping for some help I about to install a new sound system in my living room along with a LCD TV, DVD/hard drive recorder and Sky. I wish to mount the the speakers in the ceiling running the cables through the walls to some sort of collection point behind the TV. What I am after is Tupe/make of speakers, cable type/spec and a suitable collection point for connection with minimum cables on show. Any help gratefully accepted.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Many companies have in wall and in ceiling speakers, you can find these on some websites, if the cables are going above the ceiling is there really a concern about the amount of cabling. I would recomed QED silver micro for long runs, probably the cheapest of the really decent cables.

Kef are the first that come to mind they have a range of custom design speakers, and some even have motors so the speakers come down when required and then disapear when not.