Ceiling Speakers

Z

Ziad

I need some advice on speakers. I have recently wired my entire flat for speakers. 8 ceiling speakers in total, two of which are in seperate bathrooms, and two further speakers on brackets in corners by the ceiling. Any advice on what is the best type of speakers to get, considering costs as well. I wish to try and not spend more than £800-£1000 for all ten speakers.
Thank you in advance for your advice.

there are vast numbers of ceiling speakers availible from about £150/pr. i would reccomend something like the sonance or speakercraft range, should come in at your budget. companies like linn, b&W, monitor audio etc...also make ceiling speakers but will probably cost a little more than what you want to spend. try your local av shop as they should be able to offer you a fair selection.

B&W have a good range of in-wall in-ceiling options. I think Kef do some too but can't be sure. I was looking at doing something similar in my flat but went down the route of having wireing points in the walls of my second zone and using the old speakers from my main zone (upgraded my living room to surround from stereo). The termination boxes are a rip off compared to other electrical sockets but lack of choice left me with little option.

My only concerns with in-ceiling and in-wall was the inability to audition, not being able to take them with me if I moved and what if I wanted to move my room layout - only really a problem in the main room though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom